Healthy eating is a lifestyle and it can be easy to implement if you have routines and systems built into your daily routine to keep things running smoothly. When you fail to plan your meals and prepare in advance, you chances of weight gain and lethargy and imminent. Taking control over this aspect of your life is empowering!
28 Ways to Eat Healthy Food that is Delicious!
1. Eat more – eat 6 small meals per day. An apple with 1 tsp peanut butter, “Ants on a Log” celery with 1tsp peanut butter and raisins, 1 slice of toasted Ezekiel Bread with 1/4 mashed avocado and a pinch of hot pepper flakes are my favorite snacks (small meals)
2. Eat breakfast everyday. I like to practice intermittent fasting. Fasting from 7pm – 11am the next day has pushed me through a plateau with my weight loss. Check our my step-by-step guide to intermittent fasting
3. Eat a combination of lean protein and complex carbohydrates at each meal
4. Eat sufficient (two or three servings) healthy fats everyday
5. Carry a cooler packed with clean foods everyday
6. Depend on fresh fruits and veggies for fiber, vitamins, nutrients and enzymes.
7. Adhere to proper portion sizes
8. Avoid all over processed foods, especially white flour and sugar
9. Avoid foods that have been chemically modified
10. Avoid foods containing preservatives
11. Avoid artificial sweeteners (Splenda, pink packets, blue packets etc …)
12. Avoid artificial foods (such as processed cheese slices)
13. Avoid or (do your best) to limit alcohol intake (learn why here)
14. Avoid all calorie dense foods containing little or no nutritional value
15. Avoid super sizing your foods
16. At a restaurant order from the appetizer menu
17. Eat food, not too much, mostly plants (thanks Michael Polan)
18. Drink a big class of purified water first thing in the morning with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice and try to drink 2 – 3 liters everyday
19. Keep a bag of raw almonds in your car, so your never hungry
20. Only eat 10 raw nuts at one time
21. Drink a large glass of purified water 20 minutes before your meal
22. Invest in a nice lunch box and thermos ( I like Bento boxes)
23. Carry a water bottle with you at all times
24. Plan your meals for the next day, the night before
25. Check out the online menu and choose your meal before you get to the restaurant
26. Cut up veggies and keep them handy so you can grab them for a snack instead of something from a crinkly bag (like chips!)
27. Practice portion control (see below)
28. If you need to eat fast food, research the restaurants in your town that offer healthy, fresh and natural options.
I’ll help you kickstart your healthy eating plan. Join my free online 3 Day Quick start and you’ll learn how to eat clean consistently and burn belly fat.