2. Choose to eat clean 80-90% of the time. Eat more protein, vegetables and fruit and healthy fats like nuts and seeds. A handful of almonds or a freshly sliced apple is a great snack to curb your hunger! Download my free Healthy Holidays Survival Guide for more tips. HERE
3. Don’t go anywhere hungry. Try to arrive at any holiday parties having already eaten something healthy. That way you won’t be too prone to digging into high-calorie party foods. Also, bring a healthy option to a holiday party!
4. Decide how many drinks you are going to have before the party. Choose light and clear alcohol over dark, and alternate between an alcohol beverage (if you are drinking) and water (same goes for soda). This cuts 100’s of calories!!!!
5. Eat more vegetables. Try to fill half of your plate with vegetables.
6. Wrap up leftovers immediately. If you wrap them up, you less likely to eat them mindlessly when you are already full.
7. Say “no” to keeping unhealthy leftovers in the refrigerator. These foods will tempt you! It is best to keep your kitchen full of healthy foods so when hunger strikes, you don’t have high calorie options to choose between.
Do you like what you just read? Then download a free copy of my Healthy Holidays Survival Guide. My favorite healthy appetizers, snacks, cocktails and meals. Plus, quick and easy workouts to keep you on track! Click here to grab your copy.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.