Health Benefits of Warm Lemon Water
Drink a glass of lemon water first thing in the morning to kick-start your digestive system. The water added to the lemon juice should be lukewarm, or as hot as you can tolerate.
To detox or reduce sever inflammation/bloating: fill a pot with 12-16 oz water and the juice from ½ -1 lemon; place the halved lemon in the water as well; Boil for 5 minutes; Remove from heat, cover and let steep for 5 -10 minutes
For daily health: add the lemon juice from ½- 1 whole lemon to hot water and drink daily first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything else
Boost Your Health With Warm Lemon Water
1. Boosts your immune system: Lemons are high in vitamin C, which is great for fighting colds. They’re high in potassium, which stimulates brain and nerve function. Potassium also helps control blood pressure.
2. Balances pH: Drink lemon water every day and you’ll reduce your body’s overall acidity. Lemon is one of the most alkaline foods around. Yes, lemon has citric acid but it does not create acidity in the body once metabolized.
3. Helps with weight loss: Lemons are high in pectin fiber, which helps fight hunger cravings. It also has been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster.
4. Aids digestion: Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials. It encourages the liver to produce bile which is an acid that required for digestion. Efficient digestion reduces heartburn and constipation.
5. Is a diuretic: Lemons increase the rate of urination in the body, which helps purify it. Toxins are, therefore, released at a faster rate which helps keep your urinary tract healthy.
6. Clears skin: The vitamin C component helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well. It can actually be applied directly to scars to help reduce their appearance.
7. Freshens breath: Not only this, but it can help relieve tooth pain and gingivitis. The citric acid can erode tooth enamel, so you should monitor this and don’t let the lemon juice sit on your teeth.
8. Relieves respiratory problems: Warm lemon water helps get rid of chest infections and halt those pesky coughs. It’s thought to be helpful to people with asthma and allergies too.
9. Keeps you zen: Vitamin C is one of the first things depleted when you subject your mind and body to stress. As mentioned previously, lemons are chock full of vitamin C.
10. Helps kick the coffee habit: After I have a glass of hot lemon water, I actually don’t crave coffee in the morning.
Want to take your health one step further than just drinking warm lemon water?
Sign up for my free 3 Day Quick Start meal plan to drop 1 – 5 pounds, eliminate cravings and clean up your nutrition
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.