Mexico Fitness Retreat: March 2014
We just wrapped up a 4 day fitness retreat at The Beach Fitness Retreat near Todos Santos, Mexico and it was a blast! Connecting with clients (and new clients), working out on the beach, eating delicious food, enjoying sunset cocktails and swimming in the ocean are just a few of the activities that my clients are able to experience with me on my annual fitness retreat.
This was my third time hosting a fitness retreat with Jim and Susan Smith at The Beach Fitness Retreat and again I’m blown away by the scenery, food and hospitality. Whale watching in the Pacific Ocean and the Sea of Cortez are personal favorites as well as star gazing from the hot tub.
Being able to align with an upscale, boutique property (The Beach Fitness Retreat) has helped me strengthen my personal brand and connect with new clients and customers. The relationships that I have created as a result of my fitness retreats has been invaluable. I’m going to be honest, hosting a fitness retreat is hard work, but the results of the retreat are always worth the blood, sweat (literally) and tears (yes, sometimes we do some emotionally based personal development).
4 Reasons Why fitness professionals should host a fitness retreat?
1. Branding Building your personal brand is an important step in strengthening the bottom line of your business. Building relationships with prospective customers/clients who know, like and trust you is the key to fitness business success. Hosting your own fitness retreat is an important step in building long term relationships with your clients (and future clients) who will be interested in learning from you at a destination fitness retreat or training with you in your local fitness business.
2. Add an additional revenue stream to your fitness business If you follow me, you know that I’m always trying to find new ways for fitness professionals to earn more money. One of the challenges with a traditional service based fitness business is that we are limited to the amount of money we earn depending on the number of hours we work each week. Going on vacation usually means lost income due to missed classes and training sessions. Hosting a fitness retreat will enable you to earn anywhere for $1,600 to $4,000 dollars per retreat. Hosting a fitness retreat for your clients means that you’ll earn revenue while vacationing with your clients. Win – win!
3. Get paid to go on vacation AND create lifelong memories with your clients Lead workouts and connect with your clients while whale watching, surfing, stand up paddling, site seeing, enjoying cooking classes, star gazing, personal development and more. The Beach Fitness Retreat will cover all of your travel expenses, plus generous commissions per client.
4. You and Your Clients Will Experience Luxury and Relaxation You and your clients will be completely taken care of once your plane lands in Cabo San Lucas. The Beach Fitness Retreat will take care of everything you need to experience deep relaxation. Our all-inclusive fitness retreats include everything from airport transfers, meals, tips, beverages and excursions. Put your wallet away, because you won’t need it at The Beach. As the trainer/host you’ll need to lead daily classes and workouts, and after the workouts are done … you can relax by the pool with a cocktail too!
How to Host a Fitness Retreat
1. Decide and commit to a fitness retreat and The Beach Fitness Retreat owners will help you develop an effective marketing strategy to spread the word to your clients and social media followers.
2. Start spreading the word and see if your clients would be interested in experiencing a Fitness Retreat with you in Mexico.
3. Fill our our fitness retreat host application HERE (the property can accommodate up to 12 participants, with a minimum of four people per retreat)
Fitness Retreat FAQs
1. How do I book my fitness retreat? Fill out our host application and we will contact you to schedule your retreat.
2. What does it cost me to host a fitness retreat? Nothing! The Beach Fitness Retreat will cover all expenses for the host instructor (airfare, food, beverages, transportation and excursions) The minimum number of guests you need to bring is 4 and the maximum is 12.
3. Will I be compensated for teaching, etc? Yes! If you bring a minimum of 4 people you will receive a generous compensation package.
4. What workout/fitness equipment is available for workouts during the fitness retreat? We have a beautiful outdoor TRX studio that faces the beach, so you and your participants can watch the whales while working out. We also have a number of other fitness toys for your use.
- (12) Yoga Mats
- (9) TRX Suspension Trainers
- (2) TRX Rip Trainers
- Sand Bags
- Fit Balls
- Sound System
- 4 miles of secluded beach
Interested? Click HERE to fill out our online host application
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.