Healthy Caramel Apples um … yeah!! I love this recipe from Real Healthy Recipes.
Most caramel apple recipes call for loads of refined sugar and corn syrup. Here is the perfect combination of Coconut Crystals to create that delicious caramel-y flavor.
If you’d rather use the Coconut Crystal Caramel Sauce as a dipping sauce, that works too! Simply slice your apples and serve with a little bowl of this awesome, yummy sauce.
- 1 cup coconut crystals
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tablespoon coconut milk canned, full fat
- 4 Tablespoons coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 green apples
- 6 craft sticks
- ½ cup sliced almonds
- In a skillet over medium heat, mix the coconut crystals, coconut milk, coconut oil, sea salt and vanilla extract. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to low and continue to cook, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from heat, and whisk in the baking soda. Mixture will turn a lighter color and will become creamy. Return to low heat and cook, mixing often, for 2 minutes.
- Remove the caramel from heat and allow to cool and thicken for 5 minutes.
- Wash the apples, remove stems and press a craft stick into the top of each. Line a plate with wax paper and set the apples on it.
- Roll each apple in the caramel and sprinkle with sliced almonds. Place coated apples back on the wax paper, then chill for 15 minutes before serving. Store in the fridge.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.